MIUI 10 Global ROM has been out for sometime now. Meanwhile we have already got the confirm news of the availibilty of MIUI 10 for the older Xiaomi devices. The list includes Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5, MiMix 2, MiMix 2S, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro and Mi Note 2. But the official version for these devices will be made available in early July 2018.
No need to go for the beta or Nightly build ROMs any more. We have come up with the complete guide to let you get this downloaded and installed on your devices. The official Global ROM is different to what Xiaomi India released previously. That was jut a re-branded version of the Chinese ROM. The newer model of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has some of the best upgraded specs sheet as compared to the older Chinese version. This newer MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.6.28 comes with all previous Bug Fixes, Faster Camera enabling feature, New quick search option and many more new features added.
Main features of MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5 PRO:
New Notification Shade
Xiaomi says the new update will help provide information in the notification shade in a more “concise and comprehensive” way. The shade now groups all important on a by-app basis, ultimately reducing clutter from the notification bar. The updated notification now also allows you to quickly reply to messages, without opening the application.
Improved Mi Browser
Xiaomi has updated Mi Browser with revamped start page and optimised performance. The update also includes “quick search options, adjusted the position of the search bar, optimized browser’s kernel, preset keywords for searching sites via urls quickly and redesigned menu tab.
With the new update, you can now choose app lock from three choices, be it a pattern, alphanumeric password or a numeric PIN. Open security app – app lock, go to settings – change password and choose your desired password protection type.
Fix – Settings keeps stopping (All devices)
Fix – Phone enters Recovery mode when charging (All devices)
Fix – Cleaner content doesn’t translate to Russian in the file manager.
How to Download/Flash MIUI 10 into Redmi Note 5 PRO:
- First of all you will need the official MIUI 10 ROM files. You can get it from the given links below.
- Click on the Recovery ROM Link here and download it. (Fastboot Link)
- Once the download completes, Simply copy and paste the *.zip file into the internal storage.
- Make sure you have pasted the file in the main directory and not inside any folder. (i.e C:/)
- Now tap on the updater app on your device.
- Tap on the three dot on Top Left corner.
- This will show the menu, Select the Update Package option.
- Now You will see the official File Manager opened up.
- Just scroll down and select the recently downloaded .Zip file from the home directory.
- Tap on OK.
- The updater app now will automatically flash the MIUI 10 ROM on your device.
- Your device may reboot a couple of times during the process.
- Once completed, your phone will reboot again and that’s it.
You have successfully updated the MIUI 10 Global ROM on your Xiamoi Redmi Note 5 PRO smartphone.