If the award for the fastest rooted Samsung device has to be announced. Then this Galaxy Note 9 might be the winner. Because we already have the Galaxy Note 9 Exynos Variant root available for you. If you are new to the Samsung club. Then let me remind you, that there are two variants of Galaxy devices are released to the market. The global version mostly comes with the Samsung’s very own Exynos processors while the US Carriers loaded versions comes with the Snapdragon processors. The SOC 845 in this case.
So if you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with the model number N960F, N960FD, N960N then you are likely to have the Exynos processor inside your Note 9. And thanks to the Note series modder Dr.Ketan who have come up with the Galaxy Note 9 Root.
Now the questions in most of peoples mind is why to Root such a powerful device. So my answer is why not make this powerful phone even more powerful with all the new tweaks and tricks available for rooted devices.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specs:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with tons of new features and packed with the highest and best specs sheet available in the market. The display of this device is regarded as the best so far. It comes with a huge 6.4 inch super AMOLED screen that has a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels with the same aspect ratio of 18.5:9. While the display has 516 ppi density.
Under the hood the device has some powerful chipset comprises of Snapdragon 845 chipset. It is supported with 4 or 6 GB of RAM in 128/256 and 512 internal memory variants. For the global version like the one we mentioned above, it has the Samsung Exynos 9810 Octa-core processor. Adreno 630 and Mali G72 MP 18 GPU units are there for the graphics performance.
Now with the Rooted Galaxy Note 9 you can easily install Magisk manager, Titanium Backup PRO, Disk digger, Build Prop Editor and many more such powerful apps. Which needs the Android device’s root permission to function.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F/FD/N Root requirements:
Before moving to rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you should know read the following disclaimer.
Disclaimer: This post is for educational purpose. If you are a pro developer or a tweaker, you may root your device. But keep it in mind that this process can lead to a bricked phone. Along with this you can also trip the Knox counter on your phone, resulting in void warranty. Without Knox you won’t use many built-in Galaxy Note 9 features including the secure Samsung Pay.
After reading the disclaimer if you still want to move forward then follow these instructions below.
- First of all check your device model, as this root guide is only for Exynos variants of the Note 9.
- The models this root guide may apply on are the Note 9 N960F, N960FD or N960N.
- Make sure to unlock the developer options.
- Go to settings > about Phone > Build Number and tap on it for 7 times.
- You will see the notification that the developers option is unlocked. Now you can enable the USB Debugging from the Developers Options menu.
- Make sure that your device is charged well over 50%.
That’s it now its time to move to the Rooting process of Note 9.
How to Root Galaxy Note 9 N960F/FD/N:
First of all download these important files on your device.
- Latest Magisk Apk.
- N960F_kernel_PreRoot_RH5_DrKetan.tar.md5 [ Prerooted_N960_Exynos.zip]
- ODIN 3.13.1 for PC.
Once done follow these steps.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 9.
- Connect the Galaxy Note 9 to your computer.
- Now press and hold Volume Down + Bixby Button to boot it into the Download Mode.
- Open Odin 3.13.1.exe file from the Odin extracted folder now.
- In Odin, click on the AP tab and select the N960F_kernel_PreRoot_RH5_DrKetan.tar.md5 file from your computer.
- Make sure that the only option checked in Odin is F.Reset.Time and Auto-Reboot. No other option should be checked.
- Now making sure that the device is connected in download mode and all files are selected properly, click on the Start button in Odin.
- The file will be flashed and your Note 9 will reboot shortly.
- The phone will now ask you to perform a reset.
- Reset the phone and let it boot up. First boot will take up to 7 minutes.
- Your phone is now rooted. Head over to the next section to install Magisk APK.
Download and install Magisk Apk on Galaxy Note 9:
- Copy the downloaded Magisk APK to your phone’s internal storage.
- On the phone, go to Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Unknown Sources > Allow.
- Now open File Manager and locate Magisk.apk.
- Click on the APK to install it now.
- Reboot your phone after installation.
- Find Magisk Manager in the app drawer now.